Company History


As a Swarovski group company SWAREFLEX has been guided by the aspiration “to constantly improve what is good” for over 60 years. Therefore constant innovations, continuous refinements and modern strategies are both a challenge and a duty for SWAREFLEX. Swarovski developed the first glass reflectors to improve visibility and safety in traffic as long ago as 1937. In 1950, the glass reflector business was reorganized as the separate corporate division SWAREFLEX. Since that time, SWAREFLEX has remained a pioneering provider of traffic safety products and solutions. The company’s product and solution portfolio has been constantly extended. Today, besides the standard glass reflectors SWAREFLEX also offers intelligent, LED-based traffic safety systems, lighting solutions for traffic zones and industrial buildings as well as high-precision lenses. Since October 2011 SWAREFLEX operates as a separate legal entity (GmbH / LLC). In August 2012 SWAREFLEX moved to a new business building at the headquerter in Vomp, Austria.

 



About Swarovski

Swarovski delivers a diverse portfolio of unmatched quality, craftsmanship, and creativity. Founded in 1895 in Austria, the company designs, manufactures and markets high-quality crystals, genuine gemstones and created stones as well as finished products such as jewelry, accessories and lighting. Having celebrated its 120th anniversary last year, and now run by the fifth generation of family members, Swarovski Crystal Business has a global reach with approximately 2,680 stores in around 170 countries, more than 26,000 employees, and revenue of about 2.6 billion euros in 2015.
 
Together with its sister companies Swarovski Optik (optical devices) and Tyrolit (abrasives), Swarovski Crystal Business forms the Swarovski Group. In 2015, the Group generated revenue of about 3.37 billion euros and employed more than 30,000 people.